Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Survived!

  Thank you for all your support! I survived my first day in the ICU with an awesome preceptor. It was a crazy day, we didn't get our charting started until the day was nearly half done. We spent an hour in CT scan  with a 300 + lb patient. The CT tech looked at us like we were nuts when we brought her in, and wasn't sure if she would fit in the scanner. After calling in some muscle (we have the best security guys!) to help move her on to the the scanner, we hop into the control room and begin scanning. The patient begins hollering at us from the machine, 


  "Let me out! I'm hungry, I want to eat!"


  "Ma'am that's what landed you here" mutters the tech.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love to hear what you have to say but be warned I reserve the right to whip out the Iron Paw on anyone. So play nice.