Saturday, April 14, 2012

7th Heaven Bar Recipe

  I'm a total disaster when it comes to baking. I can handle coding a patient and I keep my head in the craziest of situations at work but ask me to make a muffin and beware! Because of this I am always on the look out for easy recipes that impress. No one at the potluck needs to be the wiser about my ability to turn chocolate chip cookies into chocolate studded pucks that could kill someone.

  I found this recipe ages ago, they go by a number of names "Better Than Sex Bars" or "7 Layer Cookie Bars". I call them 7th Heaven Bars, mainly because the recipe is literally layering seven ingredients then baking it.  This is a fool proof recipe and takes less than 30 minutes total to prepare.  If I need to make them to take to work I literally throw it together, shove it in the oven, and then get ready for bed. By that time I can pull them out of the oven and let them cool on the stove while I sleep.  Then when I take them in to work, everyone thinks I'm Betty Crocker!

 So here you go, whip up a batch and see how easy it is!

7th Heaven Bars
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 cup butterscotch chips
  • 1 cup nuts (I used a mixture of pecans and walnuts)
  • 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter in the microwave then pour it into a 9"x13" pan. Tilt the pan and ensure an even coating. 
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs evenly over the butter and pat down lightly, like you are making a cheesecake crust.
- Pour the can of condensed milk over the graham cracker crumbs to cover evenly.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top
- Sprinkle butterscotch chips on top
- Sprinkle nuts on top
- Sprinkle shredded coconut over top and gently press down.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool then cut into squares.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Make sure you let these squares cool completely, they are molten hot when they come out of the oven. Do not try to sample them until they are totally cool unless you feel like an ED visit!

Update 4/21/2012
  Took these bars with me while being floated to the ED. Food is always a good way to make friends there. The bars were a huge hit with the other nurses who have now nicknamed these bars "Crack Bars" because of the hugely addictive quality.

  


1 comment:

  1. OK WOW!! Those look amazing!! Definitely gotta try those!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love to hear what you have to say but be warned I reserve the right to whip out the Iron Paw on anyone. So play nice.