Thursday, April 5, 2012

Practical Nurse

Whats wrong with this picture?

  I know what you're thinking, what the heck is a roll of Coban doing in the garden? It doesn't belong there. Well how many times has this happened to you, you get home and begin unloading your scrub pockets only to find you have a brought home something from work, a roll of tape, a couple alcohol swabs, or a roll of coban. We all do it, and nine time out of ten those sundry items end up hanging around in a drawer or even worse being tossed out.  We don't mean to do it, but it happens.

  I hate wasting anything, so I have a collection of odd things that happen to ride home with me. Don't get me wrong I will keep things like rolls of tape and alcohol in my nursing bag and take them back with me, but this roll of coban was almost done and there wasn't even enough to wrap an arm with. So instead of throwing it out I decided to give it a new purpose.
Did you know Coban is awesome in the garden?

  Yep, I use it to stake my peas instead of string or those expensive twist ties. I like the coban because it is wider and you have less chance of it accidentally snapping the tender shoots you are trying to train.  It's also WAY easier to use, stretch, wrap and leave it. I happen to cut it in half because I didn't need all that much width, as you can see it does an awesome job.
Anyone have any great tips on what to do with odd nursing 
items that they would like to share?


  

1 comment:

Hi! I love to hear what you have to say but be warned I reserve the right to whip out the Iron Paw on anyone. So play nice.