Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas

  I know with the holidays work seems to drag even worse for most people, but I love being at work around the holidays. I don't know why but in my experience the holidays mean more to people in the hospital. Perhaps it's because whatever landed them there is severe enough to make them think about what is important to them, and some may be faced with the reality that they may not see another Christmas, or whatever they celebrate at this time of the year.  
  I think the staff tends to sense it as well, I rarely see the doctors and the nurses who get "stuck" working the Christmas shifts complaining, instead they smile try to give what comfort they can to their patients.  
  So to all of the nurses, doctors, techs and staff who have sacrificed their Christmas so that someone may have one more. 

Thank You!
and

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love to hear what you have to say but be warned I reserve the right to whip out the Iron Paw on anyone. So play nice.