Monday, August 27, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things

  It doesn't take much to make me happy.
These are just a few things that I have found lately that make me happy,
very happy!
Let me tell you about them.

A. Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo : I never used dry shampoo before because generally the only place you could get the stuff is at salon or prestige counter at the beauty supply store and at an average of $20 a pop I was not going to indulge that much, I could use shampoo, the wet kind, thank you very much.
  But wait! As I was walking through Target, I spied this product in the hair care aisle, priced at under $6.00 I thought I would give it a try. 
  Why does it make me happy? Because I have pretty oily hair that needs to be washed every day. In the past I have been showering when i get home and then when I get ready for work, that's tough on the hair, especially if you have color in it. Now I just shower when I get home, go to sleep and apply this stuff to my hair when I get dressed. It keeps my hair looking clean and oil free for my 12 hour shift, and it smells clean and pretty.

B. Mio Liquid Water Enhancer : Look in my work bag and you will always find at least two of these rattling around in there. These little bottles take up no room and are perfect for masking that nasty taste of hospital water. Because they are liquid they mix right in to ice cold water unlike those drink crystals which take forever to dissolve and often result in a thick concentration of flavor at the bottom of your cup. Blech!
  These guys make me happy because I can adjust the flavor in my water to how I like it. I like my flavor kinda light, Mr likes his full of flavor. Even better these Mio's also have an energy formula if you want a quick boost but don't feel like reaching for a cup of coffee. I mix the flavors through out the night too!

C. Therafirm Compression Socks : You can quit snickering, yes I wear compression hose and yes it makes me happy. These light weight trouser socks apply medically correct pressure to the legs in a gradient that prevents blood from pooling, resulting in less tired, achy legs after 12 hours of being on my feet. Don't wait until you start having problems like varicose veins, or swollen ankle before you decide to get a pair. Get a pair NOW and prevent these problems, it's called preventative medicine nurses!

D. Pedi-Scrub Foot Buffer : We beat up our feet, spending 12 hour shifts on them while shoved into hot sweater shoes. These little scrubbers show your feet some love! They come in two scents Citron Eucalyptus and Lavendar Tea Tree. These little flower shaped scrubbies are impregnated with moisturizers and cleansers, the dual sided sponge has a scrub side for exfoliating your feet, the sponge side bathes your feet in all the foamy good stuff. 
  I started using this foot buffer everyday, after a week I noticed my feet were way softer and smoother. This is how I keep my feet looking presentable between pedi's!

These are a few of my favorite things,
what are a few of yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love to hear what you have to say but be warned I reserve the right to whip out the Iron Paw on anyone. So play nice.