Thursday, December 6, 2012

Happy Anniversary to Me!

  It's been a crazy busy week with very sick patients in our unit on top of being short staffed. I worked four nights this week and in all the rush and stress I nearly over looked one very important day, December 5th.

  Yep, one year ago now I stepped into my scrubs and became a "real nurse". It was one heck of a ride, full of ups and downs but I have never regretted my decision to join my unit's team and I have not looked back once since.

  There is still much to do, like go back for my BSN, write my CCRN exam and get the courage to float to a CVICU one day. I have a ton more to learn, and as I sit here in my jammies looking back on my journey this far I am amazed at how far I have come.

  All this reflection is going to last for only a short while, there is so much to do, so much further to go and so many more things to learn that I can't wait to get moving again. 

  I'll try to share some of the many things that have come to me over this year now that I have had to think, with you my dear friends. Thank you all for sharing this journey with me and for continuing down the road.

  

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting that first year under your belt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not wait to get to this point of my life! I am currently a junior nursing student and though I am so close to senior year, graduation seems so far away! But anyways, Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love to hear what you have to say but be warned I reserve the right to whip out the Iron Paw on anyone. So play nice.