Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pure Randomness

  Sorry for the lack of posting this week. I don't even have a really good excuse because I some how ended up with five days off, in a row and I didn't even miss a shift! But don't think I haven't been busy, I've been catching up on life in general. It's been a pretty random, but busy week off full of appointments (I really couldn't put that Dr's visit off any longer), gardening and a weekend of actually seeing Mr (I think we had almost forgotten what the other had looked like).


  Here's a bit of the randomness that I encountered this week:




A whole family of quail wandered on to my pool deck. Problem was although the cute little babies were able to make it down the stairs, they couldn't make it back up the stairs into the back yard. We had to devise a ramp system so they could get back into the yard and under the gate to leave without scaring the babies so badly that the ended up falling into the pool. It was touch and go for awhile. 








          Aren't the babies cute?













  After watching the solar eclipse on the deck, we noticed some odd lights moving across the sky. They were orange and there were about a dozen, I grabbed a shot of one with my phone.
No I'm not ready to start accusing the military of secret experiments 
or subscribing to UFO Daily, but it was really cool.




Yes even the roses were handmade, 
and it took me the better part of a day to assemble.



One of my co-workers is having a little girl. Her baby shower is this week and I have ambitions of making a diaper cake for her filled with goodies. So I made a set of these to tuck into the "cake".
Because every baby deserves a handmade set of booties,and I love girly things.



If you are interested the pattern can be found 
(you need to sign up to access the pattern, but it's free)


And this is the tutorial video I used to learn to make those roses.






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your ideas on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We'll see you next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love to hear what you have to say but be warned I reserve the right to whip out the Iron Paw on anyone. So play nice.